Thursday 1 July 2010

So here I am...

...at home. I have been for a while.

I miss Sheffield, tbh. It's too quiet here. While it's nice to be home, the fact that I live in the middle of freaking nowhere is not so good.

Sigh.

To pass the time, I've completed all the games in the Half-Life saga yet again, and now I have no more to play. On the good ol' GoldSrc engine, at least.

And Black Mesa Source STILL ISN'T OUT YET. >:(

It's reminded me of how much I love Half-Life. As much as I love Valve's games in general, I'm more than a bit annoyed and saddened at how they've been neglecting the series that made them great. It's been L4D that and TF2 this. And Portal? Despite being set in the same friggin' universe as Half-Life, it hasn't done anything to bring its parent series out further into the limelight - to the contrary, in fact.

My gaming life has been a bit dry lately due to my laptop choking on games that it once chewed up and spat out with German efficiency. All of a sudden, L4D2 and Mass Effect have been dragging the framerate down massively until the game becomes totally unplayable. I'm more than a little annoyed about this. Being the graphics whore that I am, turning the settings down more than fractionally is blasphemy of the highest order.

What else has happened recently? Doctor Who wrapped up, that's what. And it was AWESOME. Wonderful and silly and beautiful all at once. Loved it. Made up for the duds preceding it, that's for sure.

Other than that, there's not much going on, really. I wish there was more to talk about, but there really...isn't.

Until next time.